Steel Sculpture Competition
Want to make your structural steel visions come to life? Create an innovative sculpture, made solely out of steel and entirely by your staff for your chance to be featured in Modern Steel Construction and more!
- The sculpture must be steel(and only steel) but shapes, sizes and type of material can be your personal preference.
- The sculpture must be made entirely by your staff.
- The finished sculpture must fit in a 2-by-2-by-2 foot box for shipping.
- All entries must include a title and the name of the company submitting the project.
- There's no theme! But keep in mind the characteristics of steel: adaptable, economical, quick, and sustainable.
- Entrants do not have to be a SteelDay host, but be an AISC full or associate member.
How to take an award winning photo
- Lighting: Shoot your sculpture by a window to utilize natural light. Direct sunlight will wash out your sculpture. No window? Face a light towards your sculpture.
- Background: Use a plain background that doesn't blend in and highly contrasts with your sculpture. All white (usually) works best.
- Quality: Take it on a camera (DSLR preferably) to show your sculpture at its best.
- Include in your entry the following information: title of sculpture, company name and one picture of your sculpture.
- Please use a solid, white background for your photo. JPG, PNG, and TIF are acceptable.
- Email submissions to [email protected]
- May 27-September 9, 2016: Create and submit your steel creation
- September 19-23, 2016: Vote on the AISC Facebook page for the top five finalists (or for your sculpture) by "liking" the image
- September 26, 2016: Finalists will be announced
- March 22-25, 2017: The finalists will be put on display at NASCC, where attendees can vote for the winner
The winner will receive coverage in Modern Steel Construction AISC's Facebook and Twitter pages as well as a catered lunch for their company (up to $500 value).
Questions? Jenny McDonald, [email protected], 312.670.5433