Hazard Communication and the Globally Harmonized System (GHS) for Fabricators and Erectors
Watch the free webinar here.
View the presentation slides here.
OSHA recently adopted the Globally Harmonized System under the Hazard Communication standards. The change to the HazCom standard requires steel fabricators and erectors to provide training to their employees on the new requirements by December 1, 2013. Some of the new requirements relate to container labeling and new standardized Safety Data Sheets (SDS). This webinar details what the new GHS requirements are, how to comply with them, and how to meet the training requirements. Registrants will receive access to a PDF file for the presentation slides prior to the webinar.
You will receive a response within three business days with instructions for participating in the live webinar. Note that you may only register for live webinars online. This webinar is being provided complimentary by the AISC Safety Committee.
Participants who complete the feedback survey will receive a complimentary laminated poster on GHS in English and Spanish.
Date: October 30, 2013
CEUs/PDHs will not be provided for this webinar.
Lawrence F. Kruth, PE
Douglas Steel Fabricating Corporation, vice president of engineering, technology and safety
Douglas Steel Fabricating Corporation, Board of Directors, member
Kruth has more than 30 years of structural engineering experience and is responsible for the management of engineering departments, advancing technology, and safety for the shop and field. Not only is Kruth a registered professional engineer in Michigan and Pennsylvania, he has been appointed and volunteers his engineering abilities outside of Douglas Steel Fabricating Corporation for the following:
- AISC Board of Directors, member
- AISC Safety Committee, chair
- AISC TC-13 Quality Control & Assurance Specification Committee, vice chair
- AISC Research Committee, member
- AISC TC-6 Connection Design Specification Committee, member
- AISC Full Specification Committee, member
- Research Council on Structural Connections, member
- Board of Directors of Lansing Safety Council, member
- MIOSHA Part 26, Structural Steel Erection Advisory Committee, member
- MIOSHA Part 10, Lifting and Digging Advisory Committee, member
- Named 2011 Structural Engineer of the Year by the Structural Engineers Association of Michigan
For registration questions email email@example.com or call 800.809.2364. For questions regarding AISC Live Webinars, email firstname.lastname@example.org