How To Download
Engineering Journal Articles
AISC Web site visitors may now search for and download all 38 years worth of Engineering Journal Articles from the Bookstore of the recently redesigned AISC Web site. With topics ranging from Anchor Bolts to Yield-Line Analysis, over 900 technical articles are available in PDF format for free download.
What you need to start:
- Members: Your email address or Membership ID and Web site password (Password is printed on your Member ID card. Contact [email protected] for help.)
- Non-Members: Your email address and password. If you have never visited the site before, just click "Create New Account" to set up your password.
- A FREE copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader (Visit www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep.html if you donâ€™t have this free program on your computer.)
- Article Search: Visit www.aisc.org/EJreprints. Find an article you wish to download, searching by either Topic (eg: Anchor Bolts), Author (eg: Carter), or Date (eg: 2002 â€“ Q1). Click â€œSearch.â€
- Search Results: Results of your search appear on the screen. Click on the name of the article you wish to read.
- Article Description: This screen shows a description of the article, including the publish date, author and abstract. Click â€œAdd to Shopping Cart.â€
- Shopping Cart: Click on â€œLoginâ€ on this screen.
- Login: Enter your Member ID or email address and Password. Click â€œLogin.â€
- Welcome: If you are recognized as a current member, this screen will say â€œWelcome AISC Memberâ€. Click â€œReturn to the store.â€
- Shopping Cart: For members, the member price of $0.00 is now shown for the article. Non members pay $10 per download. Click on â€œProceed with Checkout.â€
- Checkout: Click â€œComplete Order.â€
- Receipt: The next screen is your acknowledgement. Click â€œClick Here to Access the Articleâ€. You will also receive an email from the Web site acknowledging your â€œpurchase.â€
- My Articles: All the articles you download are stored in your personal â€œMy Articlesâ€ section for 90 days each. Click on the name of an article to open it in Acrobat Reader. Articles may be read and printed online, or you may save them to your desktop by clicking the â€œSaveâ€ icon.
Questions? Problems? Contact AISC at [email protected].