Alternate Methods of Connection Design
The AISC Specification provides requirements for connection design while resources such as the Manual and Design Guides present primary recommendations and guidance for the design of connections. This webinar discusses alternate methods to connection design that are not found in the Manual but may be used given that these methods meet the Specification requirements. Topics Incldue:
- Certain connection requirements will be examined such as rotational ductility for simple connections and torsional restraint for beam end connections.
- Alternates to the instantaneous center of rotation method of analysis on bolt groups
- Alternate methods to address prying action
- Design of built-up partial penetration welds.
This course is based on a past AISC Live Webinar program.
You must purchase and pass a quiz to receive a PDH certificate for this course.
- Date: 5/1/2015 - 10/20/2016
- PDH Credits: 1.5
Patrick McManus, PhD, PE, SE, and Larry Muir, PE