Analysis and Design of Chevron Brace Connections with Flat Bar Gussets
Typically, chevron brace connections are detailed with one gusset plate used to connect all of the braces framing to a joint. When geometry permits, it may be more economical to provide a separate gusset for each brace. This two-part webinar presents the following topics:
- Analysis and design of chevron brace connections for both unshaped and shaped gussets
- Force distribution through the connection and the frame beam including a detailed discussion of internal shear and bending demands in the beam due to brace forces
- Detailing considerations
- Design examples
- Low seismic and wind applications (Part 1)
- High seismic applications including mechanistic load cases required by the AISC Seismic Provisions (Part 2).
This course is based on a past AISC Live Webinar.
You must purchase and pass a quiz to receive a PDH certificate for this course.
- Date: 3/1/2015 - 10/20/2016
- PDH Credits: 3
Patrick J. Fortney, PhD, PE, SE, PEng