Continuing Education

BIM Workflow--Lessons Learned [T3]

The 2011 NASCC sessions taught us that many companies are using BIM in their workflow, but still have many questions. What does the engineer do with the model that a detailer needs to know about? What can the detailer do with a model that the engineer needs to know about? If model transfer is 95% accurate, what are the issues associated with the remaining 5%. This session will trace the steps of an established company who began offering combined design / detailing services following NASCC 2011. Follow this company's progress during 2011-2012, as they document all facets of the BIM process in their workflow. Topics to be discussed include BIM workflow with architects, IT concerns, documentation of time investment, coordination with contractors, contractor relationships, and how to deal with the last 5% in the BIM workflow.
  • Date: 4/18/2012 - 4/20/2012
  • PDH Credits: 0

SPEAKER(S)

Brian Cobb; Warren Goodrich

View content here.