SteelDay 2014: Innovations in Steel
This presentation demonstrates how recent steel industry innovations allow engineers and architects to easily express their design concepts and overcome client serviceability concerns. As a partner in the procurement and delivery process, steel can provide strategic ideas for cost-effective and time-saving project performance. Topics include:
- Low floor-to-floor height systems and long span solutions for economies of construction
- Current supply chain and market conditions impacting the construction industry
- Building Information Modeling (BIM) and improved shop drawing review methods
- Innovative connection methods and modular systems
- How best to apply the requirements of Architecturally Exposed Structural Steel (AESS) and current sustainability concerns
This course is based on a past SteelDay presentation.
You must purchase and pass a quiz to receive a PDH certificate for this course.
- Date: 9/1/2014 - 10/20/2016
- PDH Credits: 1
Tabitha Stine, SE, PE, LEED AP