Seismic Design for Non-West Coast Engineers – a Two Part Webinar
This introductory, two-part webinar will address basic concepts of seismic design.
Part 1 of the webinar will start with a brief historical perspective of earthquakes and will then discuss the basics of earthquake loading and building dynamic response, and the use of ductility in resisting earthquakes.
Part 2 of the webinar will focus on the performance of steel structures in past earthquakes, computing earthquake loads using the equivalent lateral force method, basic concepts on detailing of steel to achieve ductile response, options for structural steel lateral force resisting systems, and an overview of the AISC Seismic Provisions.
Registration is closed.
- Date: 8/10/17 and 8/17/17 1:30 PM EDT
- Duration: 1.5 hours per webinar
- PDH Credits: 1.5 PDH per webinar
$325 AISC Member
$270 Educator / Student / Government Agency
Includes both webinars. Only one person from your organization is required to register per connection. Each individual within your organization who attends at the registered connection will receive a PDH certificate at no additional charge.
- Registration Deadline: 8/10/2017 10:00 a.m.
* Substitutions and Cancellations: Substitutions may be made at any time. Cancellations received 1-3 days prior to the first webinar will be charged a $50 service charge. Cancellations and no shows the day of the first webinar session will not receive a refund.
Michael D. Engelhardt is Professor of Civil Engineering at the University of Texas at Austin.