In This Section
Student SteelDay Contest
Congratulations to our Student SteelDay Contest winners!
(Instagram handles linked below)
Top five winners:
- Wasan Fayyadh, Oregon State University, @wasan_fayyadh
- Jame Alexander, New Mexico State University, @strings4rings
- Sodbileg Erdeneod, California State University Fullerton, @sodbileg_erdeneo
- Justin Kwong, Oregon State University, @justin.kono.kwong
- Maria Warren, Illinois Institute of Technology, @maria_warren
Chris Waite, Oklahoma State University, @the_waite_is_over
Nathan Harmon, University of Texas at Austin, @natito_11
Lexie Heitzman, Oregon State University, @lex_heitzman
Jennifer Weast, University of Kentucky, @jenweast
- Eva Covarrubias, North Carolina State University, @evacovarrubias23
Thank you to all students who participated. We hope you had a great experience celebrating SteelDay!
Attention all students!
Friday, September 28, is SteelDay, and you're invited to join us in celebrating the structural steel industry! SteelDay offers the opportunity for architecture, engineering and construction professionals, students and others to gain insight into the work, experience and accomplishments of the U.S. structural steel industry at events occurring all over the country.
Although the start of fall term can be a busy time for students, we're making it easy for you to participate in SteelDay through an Instagram contest just for you!
Your Instagram submission can be submitted as individual pictures or a photo series, and must be posted between Monday, September 17 through SteelDay, Friday, September 28, and add the hashtags #SteelDay, #studentcontest and #steeldayscavengerhunt.
Make sure your Instagram profile is public so we can see it!
Hunt for these items!
Take a photo of yourself with as many of these steel things as possible. You must be in each photo.
- architecturally exposed structural steel (AESS)
- braced frame/diagonal brace
- C or MC channel section
- hollow structural steel (HSS) member
- The Steel Construction Manual
- shear connection
- base plate
All eligible entries will be reviewed by a panel of AISC judges based on the number of correct items found, and up to five (5) lucky winners will be selected to choose one of the following prizes:
- Steel Construction Manual, 15th Ed. (print)
- Steel Construction Manual, 15th Ed. (digital)
- Seismic Design Manual, 3rd Ed. (print)
If there is a tie, quality and creativity of photos will be considered. Students may enter more than once but are only eligible for one prize. Winners must be located within the U.S.
By participating in the SteelDay student contest, each entrant irrevocably grants AISC a non-exclusive, unlimited, worldwide, perpetual, royalty free, transferable license and right to use and authorize the use of the entrant's submission and any other material or information in connection with the contest for purposes of advertising, trade and other commercial purposes. AISC will not share private information.
Winners will be announced on Friday, October 5.