Student Steel Trivia Live
It's the first-ever Live Student Steel Trivia contest! Compete against students across the country in this online event for the chance to be crowned the Student Steel Trivia Champion. This exciting and fast-paced trivia event will test your steel-related knowledge. You will gain points by answering questions correctly in the shortest amount of time as you compete for the top score.
The top five participants will receive prizes (and bragging rights on behalf of their university!).
HOW IT WORKS
Mark your calendar for Thursday, February 27 at 7:00 pm CT!
You must be an AISC Student Member to participate. Note that each player will need to register individually in advance of the event. Upon registration, you will receive a confirmation email containing a link to access the webinar, dial-in audio instructions, and additional instructions for the contest.
On the day of the event:
- Set up a computer for viewing the live webinar including the questions. We encourage you to gather a group of friends, set up one computer, and play the game together.
- Connect to the Webinar. See the link in the confirmation email to connect to the webinar with the computer. Streaming audio is available through your computer, or you can call in to listen to the audio via your phone. Connection information will be emailed to you prior to the start of the event. If you have not received the information within 24 hours of the session, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Get your device ready for submitting your answers. On a SEPARATE device (laptop, smart phone, tablet, etc.) OR a SEPARATELY opened window that you can view simultaneously with the webinar window on the same device, connect to kahoot.it. The Game PIN will be provided at the start of the webinar. Each player will need their own device to submit their answers.
- Create your player name. Follow directions closely so that we can identify you if you win! Your player name is first three letters first name, first three letters last name, and last three numbers of your AISC member ID. For example, John Doe with member number 1117530 would be JohDoe530. Your 7-digit AISC member ID is located in the upper right of your confirmation report.
- Play! The event starts at 7:00 p.m. CST. DO NOT BE LATE! You need to arrive promptly to the event so that you can successfully get logged into the game and participate.
SCORING AND PRIZES
The game will consist of three rounds:
- AISC and Steel Fun Facts
- AISC University Programs - Here is your chance to study up!
- 15 Seconds of Fame: Steel Bridges and Buildings (Photo Round)
After the three rounds, the game will end. The five players who accumulate the highest total scores will be eligible for the following prizes:
- 1st Place: Oculus Go VR Headset
- 2nd Place: Bluetooth Speaker
- 3rd, 4th, and 5th Place: Box of AISC Swag
AISC STUDENT MEMBERSHIP
AISC Student Membership is FREE! If you purchased an AISC Steel Construction Manual as a student through your professor as part of the Student Manual Discount Program, we automatically enrolled you as an AISC Student Member. If you are not already a member, hop on over to our Student Membership page to learn more and to apply.