National Steel Bridge Alliance
In This Section
- AISC/PCI Quality Systems White Paper
- A Primer on Weathering Steel
- Advances in High Performance Steels for Highway Bridges
- Bolted Field Splices for Steel Bridge Flexural Members - Overview and Design Examples
- Release Version 2.00
- This document address the updates to the splice connection incorporated into the 8th Edition AASHTO LRFD Specification. Complete with 3 examples, the document guides an engineer through how to design a bolted splice connection from start to finish. Utilize the document in conjunction with the updated NSBA Splice for a complete splice design.
- Edge/Corner Primer of Steel Members and its Effect on Zinc Rich Primer Performance
- I-287 Viaducts Over the Saw Mill River and Bronx Parkways
- Reducing Time for Steel Bridge Construction
- Skewed and Curved Steel I-Girder Bridge Fit (Standalone Summay)
- The standalone summary is a 6 page overview that introduces the concept of "fit condition", why specifying fit is important, and provides recommendations as to which fit condition is best based upon bridge geometry.
- Skewed and Curved Steel I-Girder Bridge Fit (Full Document)
- The full document addresses the research that was performed in making the recommendations for fit conditions.
- Steel Bridge Construction: Myths & Realities (AISI D432-07)
- Short Span Steel Bridge Alliance Standards
- Mid-Atlantic States Structural Committee for Economic Fabrication (SCEF) Standards
- TxDOT Preferred Practices for Steel Bridge Design Fabrication and Erection