National Steel Bridge Alliance
Gay Street Bridge over the Tennessee River
Prize Bridge Information
- Year Awarded: 2005
- Year Completed: 2004
- Location: Knoxville, TN
- Award Class: Reconstructed
- Designer/EOR: Lichtenstein Consulting Engineers
- Fabricator: Ray Bell Construction Company, Inc.
- Owner: City of Knoxville, Tennessee
- General Contractor: Ray Bell Construction Company, Inc.
- Detailer: Beverly Steel, Inc.
- Structure Type: Arch
- Coating System: Paint
- Span Length (ft): 2@126/5@252
- Structure Length (ft): 1512
- Average Deck Width (ft): 44
- Steel Weight/Deck Area (lb/ft²): 13
- Amount of Steel (tons): 686
- Cost: $15.4 million