National Steel Bridge Alliance
Huey P. Long Bridge
Prize Bridge Information
- Year Awarded: 2014
- Year Completed: 2013
- Location: New Orleans, LA
- Award Class: Reconstructed
- Designer/EOR: Modjeski and Masters, Inc.
- Fabricator: Industrial Steel Construction, G&G Steel, Inc.
- Owner: New Orleans Public Belt Railroad, Louisiana Department of Transportation & Development
- General Contractor: MTI, a joint venture of Massman Construction Co., Traylor Brothers Inc., and IHI Inc.
- Detailer: Candraft Detailing Inc., Tensor Engineering
- Structure Type: Truss
- Coating System: Paint
- Span Length (ft): 529Õ, 790Õ, 531Õ, 531Õ-6Ó
- Structure Length (ft): 22995
- Average Deck Width (ft): 134
- Steel Weight/Deck Area (lb/ft²): 171
- Amount of Steel (tons): 17500
- Cost: $1200 million