In This Section
Structural steel framing is all business when it comes to office buildings of any size
Structural steel is the market leader for offices, thanks to benefits such as:
- Flexible spaces thanks to long column-free areas, allowing tenants to tailor their work environment to their specific needs
- Faster construction, reducing overall project duration, labor and general condition costs, and allowing for earlier building occupancy
- Lower operating costs thanks to efficient HVAC integration, less space to heat and cool and a maintenance-free framing system
- Enhanced framing quality through the use of a long-lasting, durable, high-quality material fabricated off-site to tight tolerances
- Adaptability, as a steel framing system is simpler to expand or remodel - from large occupancy use changes to small changes such as adding a staircase
- Reduced foundation loads, column footprints and overall project costs thanks to steel's lightweight properties
- Freedom of architectural expression through more transparent façades, architecturally exposed elements and open, unobtrusive assemblies
- Sustainable construction using a fully recycled, locally supplied material while reducing construction waste
- Office Building Successes:
- Prototypes of Steel Framed Offices (Prototypes section of SSC Link)
- Innovative systems in structural steel
Reduced column sizes in steel versus concrete buildings yield more usable space on every floor.
Steel spans further than other materials. More column-free areas mean more room for future flexibility!
Click here to see a full list of other successful project types framed in structural steel.
Still need help?
The Steel Solutions Center is for people who need technical assistance, innovative solutions, or tools to make structural steel design even easier.