In This Section
10 Years of History
Hundreds of SteelDay events have taken place since the first SteelDay in 2009, educating thousands of attendees about the domestically fabricated structural steel industry. Here's just a sampling of all that's happened since the very beginning.
Every year, AISC offers a free continuing education opportunity for a limited time. These webinars were featured during past SteelDay celebrations. All webinars are still free to view; however, for some of them, PDH credits are only available by purchasing the corresponding quiz.
- 2017: Designing in Structural Steel | Larry Kruth, PE
- 2015: Steel and the Phantasmagoria | Charlie Carter | PhD, SE
- 2014: Resilient - You Can’t Even Spell it Without Steel | Charlie Carter, PhD, SE
- 2014: Innovations in Steel | Tabitha Stine, SE, PE, LEED AP
- 2013: The Life of the K-Factor | Charlie Carter, PhD, SE
- 2012: 50 Tips for Designing Constructable Steel Buildings | Clifford Schwinger, PE
- 2011: Practical Steel Metallurgy | Doug Rees-Evans
A wide variety of events are slated every year for SteelDay, from shop tours to construction site visits to presentations to networking events...and more!
- 2017: Houston SteelDay Event Featured in Video
- 2017: Drexel Welcomes New Teaching Sculpture on SteelDay
- 2017: Happy SteelDay!
- 2017: Celebrate SteelDay with The U.S. Structural Steel Industry September 15
- 2017: Students: Share What You Love About Structural Steel!
- 2016: Norwegian Steel Day Coming November 3
- 2016: Eighth Annual SteelDay Showcases Industry to Thousands
- 2016: Steel Structure Trivia: Happy SteelDay!
- 2016: SteelDay is Coming!
- 2016: Celebrate SteelDay September 30!
- 2016: AISC Hosts Pre-SteelDay Project Site Tour in Chicago August 12
- 2015: Seventh Annual SteelDay Delivers Industry Insight to Thousands
- 2015: How Are You Celebrating SteelDay?
- 2015: SteelDay Student Selfie Contest
- 2015: Get Your Music Onto SteelDay’s Playlist
- 2015: Pre-SteelDay Site Tour
- 2015: SteelDay is Coming!
- 2015: SteelDay to Deliver Free In-Person and Online Events September 25
- 2014: Sixth Annual SteelDay Showcase U.S. Structural Steel Industry
- 2014: Building Tour Extends SteelDay into October
- 2014: SteelDay Sculpture Finalists Announced
- 2014: SteelDay Twitter Contest
- 2014: SteelDay is Coming!
- 2014: SteelDay Sneak Peak
- 2012: Industry Insights