In This Section
Steel Sculpture Competition
April 11-13, 2018 - The five finalists will be put on display at the 2018 NASCC: The Steel Conference in Baltimore, where attendees will vote for the ultimate winner.
The winner will receive coverage in Modern Steel Construction, AISC's Facebook and Twitter pages, a catered lunch for their company (up to $500 value), and the opportunity to be displayed in AISC’s office for an entire year!
- The sculpture must be steel (and only steel) but shapes, sizes and type of material can be your personal preference.
- The sculpture must be made entirely by your staff.
- The finished sculpture must fit in a 2-by-2-by-2 foot box for shipping.
- All entries must include a title and the name of the company submitting the project.
- There's no theme! But keep in mind the characteristics of steel: adaptable, economical, quick, and sustainable.
- Entrants do not have to be a SteelDay host, but be an AISC full or associate member.
How to take an award winning photo
- Lighting: Shoot your sculpture by a window to utilize natural light. Direct sunlight will wash out your sculpture. No window? Face a light towards your sculpture.
- Background: Use a plain background that doesn't blend in and highly contrasts with your sculpture. All white (usually) works best.
- Quality: Take it on a camera (DSLR preferably) to show your sculpture at its best.