Careers at AISC
Careers at AISC
- Digital Communications Specialist
- Office Assistant
- Senior Engineer - Continuing Education
- Staff Engineer, Steel Solutions Center
- Structural Steel Specialist
- Vice President of Engineering & Research
- West Region NSBA Bridge Steel Specialist
Why work at AISC?
Our work is important to the safety of the public. We write the specifications to which all steel buildings in the U.S. are designed and built; and we collaborate with AASHTO and FHWA to help produce the design standards that advance the quality, economy, and safety of steel bridges throughout the U.S. Our work is also critical to the success of the entire industry we support. We advocate for, support, and serve the steel fabricators, mills, service centers, and others in the steel industry who build America.
What is the culture like at AISC?
Our culture is productive, respectful, and supportive. We support equity, diversity, and inclusion and strive to create an incredible company culture that values the contributions of our staff, members, and volunteers and promotes a positive work/life balance. We provide the opportunity to meet and work with leaders in the design community and construction industry.
What about the benefits at AISC?
- We encourage and help pay for continuing education to help advance our employees careers.
- We provide training to help staff improve and advance, including their leadership, writing, and presentation skills.
- AISC offers a Cadillac health plan, currently paying 80% of premiums. The Paid Time Off available is hefty including what AISC calls 'Whatever Days', time off to use for whatever the employee chooses.
- We offer a hybrid work environment, allowing employees the option to work from home two days per week and from our beautiful headquarters office overlooking Millennium Park (for our Illinois-based positions).
Visit the Modern Steel Construction Career Center for other career opportunities.