181 Fremont St.
Fabricated by The Herrick Corporation (AISC Member, AISC Certified), 181 Fremont is the tallest mixed-use building in San Francisco and a new landmark in the city's skyline. The 56-story, 802-foot-tall tower features 67 luxury residences above 435,000 square feet of office space in one of the city's most accessible neighborhoods. After recognizing that the seismic performance objectives in modern building codes did not align with its goals, the building owner chose to pursue an innovative, resilience-based design to deliver "beyond code" seismic resilience. The resulting multi-disciplinary effort produced a state of the art building that achieved both LEED Platinum and the world’s first REDi Gold rating.
- Project Category: Year 2019
- Location: San Francisco, CA
- Award Winner Year: 2019
- Award Category: National Award - Greater than $75 million
- Year Completed: 2018
- Submitting Firm: The Herrick Corporation
- Photo Credit: 1,5 - Jay Paul; 2,3,4 - The Herrick Corporation