National Steel Bridge Alliance
Broadway Avenue Bridge
Merit Award Winner—Short Span
The Broadway Avenue Bridge connects the communities of Boise by spanning the Boise River with a single-span, parabolic haunch plate girder system. The bridge is the focal point of the greenbelt paths that run along the river through downtown Boise.
“While it's a short-span bridge, the shallow plate girder solution integrates into a total project that serves as a signature bridge for the community,” said Frank Russo, PE, PhD, Michael Baker International, a judge in the competition.
Prize Bridge Information
- Year Awarded: 2018
- Location: Boise, ID
- Award Class: Short Span
- Designer/EOR: Idaho Transportation Department
- Fabricator: Utah Pacific Bridge & Steel (AISC Member/AISC Certified)
- Owner: Idaho Transportation Department
- General Contractor: Knife River Corporation Northwest
- Detailer: Utah Pacific Bridge & Steel (AISC Member/AISC Certified)