Bolting and Welding Primer
The essentials of bolted and welded connections are covered, permitting the attendee to put these ideas into practice and quickly reap the benefits of this course.
Part 1, presented by Duane K. Miller, includes the following topics:
- The basics of welded connection design
- Weld joints, weld types, criteria for selecting weld types, matching and undermatching filler metal strength, and the procedures needed to determine weld capacity
- Principles of welded connection design, along with case studies where failure to apply these principles has led to problems
- Practical cost reduction ideas
Part 2, presented by Geoffrey Kulak, includes the following topics:
- How to select suitable high-strength bolts and to specify the methods of their installation and inspection
- Understanding the basis of the design rules in the AISC Specification
- Common bolts (sometimes called ordinary or machine bolts) and high-strength bolts with emphasis on high-strength bolts
This course is based on a past AISC Live Seminar.
You must purchase and pass a quiz to receive a PDH certificate for this course.
- Date: 7/1/2006 - 10/20/2016
- PDH Credits: 6
Geoff Kulak, PhD, PE, and Duane K. Miller, ScD, PE