What an Engineer Needs to Know about Steel Erection
With some early planning and interaction with the steel erector during the design phase, engineers may find that projects run more smoothly during construction. For the steel erector, certain details and specifications can be considered advantageous while others can be considered problematic. Knowing this information, the engineer can integrate better constructability into the drawings which can lead to a better outcome for the project. In this webinar, participants will learn what an engineer needs to know about steel erection. Topics will include:
- Erector (and fabricator) friendly connections
- Field welding guidelines
- Construction stability issues to consider
- Items in the specifications for the erector that may need clarification
- Examples of the use of Building Information Modeling (BIM) in erection planning
This course is based on a past AISC Live Webinar.
You must purchase and pass a quiz to receive a PDH certificate for this course.
- Date: 1/19/2017 - 8/10/2017
- Duration: 1 hour
- PDH Credits: 1
Curtis Mayes, PE