National Steel Bridge Alliance
NSBA's mission is to establish steel as the preferred material for bridges.
The National Steel Bridge Alliance (NSBA), a division of the American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC) is a national, not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of steel bridge design and construction. The NSBA functions as the voice of the bridge fabricators and steel mills while also partnering with the bridge design and construction community. The NSBA's partners include the American Association of State Highway and Transportation (AASHTO), Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), state departments of transportation (DOTs), design consultant, contractors, and academia. With these resources, NSBA is uniquely positioned to find solutions to the toughest bridge challenges, including those related to cost, sustainability, and performance.
There's a variety of services available to contractors, designers, and owners, who want to use steel on their next project. Contact your local NSBA regional director for additional information on the items listed below.
- Free publications created in collaboration with state DOTs, AASHTO, and the FHWA that simplify the design process, improve the flow of information during design and construction, and reduce risk for all parties.
- Steel Bridge Forums are full-day seminars on the design, erection, and maintenance of steel bridges.
- AASHTO/NSBA Steel Bridge Collaboration meetings, held bi-annually, that are free and open to the public.
- Simon and eSPAN140 software that determines a bridge's structure during the type, size, and location (TS&L) phase. eSPAN140 generates drawings that can be provided to a fabricator for a quick cost estimate.
- Three-span standards that will help you quickly find a design for your project.
|Gary Wisch (Chair)||Delong's, Inc.|
|Eric Myers (Vice Chair)||Nucor Steel Plate Group|
|Robert Bovard||Augusta Iron & Steel Works, Inc.|
|Derek Clemons||Stupp Bridge Company|
|Christian B. Crosby||Cianbro Corporation|
|Mark Haight||Infra-Metals Co. - New England|
|Dale Ison||Florida Structural Steel|
|John O'Quinn||High Steel Structures|
|Richard Phillips||Veritas Steel|
|Robin Rose||SSAB North American Division|
|Patrick Schueck||Prospect Steel, a Division of Lexicon Inc.|
|Edward Seglias||Cohen Seglias Pallas Greenhall & Furman, PC|
|Bryon Tait||Casco Bay Steel Structures, Inc.|
|Jeffrey D. Webb||ArcelorMittal|
|Charles Carter (Secretary)||American Institute of Steel Construction|
|G.C. "Bo" Bovard (Emeritus)||Augusta Iron & Steel Works, Inc.|
|Grady E. Harvell (Emeritus)||W&W/AFCO Steel|
|Patrick Loftus (Emeritus)||Patrick Loftus|