In This Section
How to Nominate
AISC encourages everyone involved with steel construction to submit nominations. Include the following information:
- Name and affiliation of the individual nominated (past winners may not be nominated again)
- Title of the paper(s) for which the individual is nominated, including publication citation.
- If the paper(s) have multiple authors, identify the principal author.
- Reasons for nomination.
- A copy of the paper(s), as well as any published discussion.
The author must be a permanent resident of the United States, and available to fulfill the commitments of the award. The paper or papers must have been published in a professional journal within a designated five-year period (see dates below).
Basis of Selection
The award will be made to a nominated individual on the basis of two criteria:
- His/her reputation as a lecturer.
- The jury's evaluation of the paper or papers named in the nomination.
Papers will be judged for originality, clarity of presentation, contribution to engineering knowledge, future significance and value to the fabricated structural steel industry.
The award winner will give a minimum of six presentations of the lecture on selected occasions during the year.
2020 Award Dates
Eligible papers must have been published between January 1, 2014 and January 1, 2019.
Nominations must be received by July 15, 2019.
The 2020 Award will be presented at the 2020 NASCC: The Steel Conference in Atlanta.
Where to Send Nominations
T.R. Higgins Award Nomination
c/o Rachel Jordan
Engineering & Research Coordinator
American Institute of Steel Construction
130 E. Randolph St., Suite 2000
Chicago, IL 60601-6204
If you have any questions, please contact Rachel Jordan at email@example.com. We look forward to reviewing your nominations!