If you are looking for information on how to apply for AISC Certification or have general questions about the process, please ask us in the Request Info form to the right. Read more about the benefits of AISC Certification here.
Are you ready to apply for AISC Certification? To be considered an applicant, AISC Certification must receive the below three items within 14 days of when you complete the Apply Form (to the right):
- Extended Application (will be sent on completion of Apply Form)
- Application Document Submittals
- Payment per the Fee Schedule
Application Document Submittals are found below, and payment is found under the Fee Schedule Section along with mailing addresses.
Once you are ready with documents and payment, please click the Apply Form to the right, and you will be contacted by AISC to engage in the next steps.
Please note the entire certification process takes roughly five to six months, and thereafter, the company is typically audited once a year. If you are a fabricator applicant, AISC Certification is address-specific, so each fabrication facility must apply separately.
Starting May 1, 2018, all applicants are required to follow the new Program Requirements for Fabricator, Erector and Manufacturer Certifications AND the Standard for Steel Fabrication and Erection, and Manufacturing of Metal Components (AISC 207-16).
Below is the general process for applying to AISC Certification. The process takes roughly six to seven months conservatively. If you have specific questions, please contact AISC Certification at email@example.com or 312.670.7520.
- Applicant to complete the online application form:
- AISC will review the form and send an email requesting an extended application, Application Documentation Submittals, and fee.
- The applicant will submit completed extended application, Application Documentation Submittals (including quality manual), and fee.
- AISC will perform an Eligibility Review for all programs and endorsements the applicant has applied.
- CAR Form Sample
- Corrective Action Request Procedure
- Guide to Normative and Informative References
- How to Write a Procedure
- Non-Conformance Worksheet
- Paint Inspection: Daily Coating Inspection Report
- Paint Inspection: DFT Measurement Worksheet
- Sample Calibration Record
- Sample Internal Audit Forms for AISC 207-16
- Sample Management Review Forms for AISC 207-16
- Sample Internal Audit Form for AISC 206-13
- Sample Management Review Form for AISC 206-13
Certification Bulletins help to communicate program changes that may affect you. Their purpose is to explain the change and why it is occurring, plus they provide clarity and program transparency. If you have any questions about these, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312.670.7520.
- Bulletin 2018-04 (Audit Confirmations)
- Bulletin 2018-03 (Audit Numbers)
- Bulletin 2018-02 (Program Conversion)
- Bulletin 2018-01 (Scheduling)
- Bulletin 2017-04 (Erector Waiver)
- Bulletin 2017-03 (All Requirements)
- Bulletin 2017-02 (HYD Requirements)
- Bulletin 2017-01 (BU Requirements)
2016 & Earlier
Submit Program Prerequisites:
American Institute of Steel Construction
Attn: Certification Programs
130 E. Randolph Street, Suite 2000
Chicago, IL 60601-6219
American Institute of Steel Construction
PO Box 8761
Carol Stream, IL 60197-8761
Associated Bank, Attn: Lockbox Operations
PO Box 978761
2012 Corporate Lane, Suite 108
Naperville, IL 60563
Please contact AISC for instructions.
The fee amounts shown in the AISC Certification Fee Schedule represent the net amounts due and do not include any applicable taxes or withholdings levied by jurisdictions inside or outside of the United States of America. Applicants and Participants are required to remit the full fee amount and are responsible for any applicable taxes or withholdings.
International Travel Advisory:
- If your company is located in a country the U.S. Department of State has issued a Travel Advisory cautioning U.S. citizens regarding travel, your AISC certification audit could be at risk of not being conducted. Your certificate will not be issued or renewed until the advisory is cancelled, and the audit has been completed.
A list of the affected countries can be found at: https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/alertswarnings.html
Additional Information for International Applicants:
- Applicants must submit all application documents in English.
- For ease of communication, we require that all correspondence between AISC and its participants be in English, both verbally and in writing.
- The fee amounts shown in the AISC Certification Fee Schedule represent the net amounts due and do not include any applicable taxes or withholdings levied by jurisdictions inside or outside of the United States of America. Applicants and Participants are required to remit the full fee amount and are responsible for any applicable taxes or withholdings.
NASCC: The Steel Conference is the premier educational and networking event for the structural steel industry, bringing together steel fabricators, erectors, structural engineers, and detailers from across the country. The Steel Conference offers more than 130 sessions, plus it offers a Quality Track aimed at fabricators and erectors. Topics range from management-buy to solutions for corrective-actions to AISC Certification updates. Below is a list of highlights, and there is a current list of past Quality Track sessions, too.
Do you wonder how your Quality Management System (QMS) compares? Did you know that we offer assessments to assist with the implementation, effectiveness and sustainability of your QMS?
Standards, Requirements, and Application Document Submittals
July 2018 - Please note AISC Certification has released an updated version of the Program Requirements for Fabricator, Erector, and Manufacturer Certifications. The new release contains only editorial updates that do not change the intent of the existing requirements.
- Program Requirements for Fabricator, Erector, and Manufacturer Certifications
- Supplemental Program Requirements for Fabricators of Steel Buildings (BU)
- Supplemental Program Requirements for Manufacturers of Bridge and Highway Components (CPT)
- Supplemental Program Requirements for Fabricators of Steel Bridges (SBR, IBR, ABR)
- Supplemental Program Requirements for Structural Steel Erectors (CSE) - Participants Only
- Supplemental Program Requirements for Structural Steel Erectors (CSE) - Applicants Only
- Supplemental Program Requirements for Fabricators of Hydraulic Steel Structures (HYD)
- Supplemental Program Requirements for Fracture Critical Endorsement (FC)
- Supplemental Program Requirements forApplicators of Complex Coatings Endorsement (SPE)
- Application Document Submittal for AISC Certification - Fabricators and Manufacturers
- Application Document Submittal for AISC Certification - Erectors
- Application Document Submittal for AISC Certification - Sophisticated Paint
Additional documents required for Erector certification:
- Waiver and Indemnity Agreement Form
- Erector Insurance and Waiver Information
- Sample Certificate of Liability Insurance
Additional optional documents for Bridge certification: