Hot-Dip Galvanizing, Tolerances, and Hollow Structural Sections
Four articles focus on practical topics in steel construction:
- Specifying and Detailing for Hot-Dip Galvanizing presents keys to specifying galvanizing for structural steel and developing and reviewing structural details and shop drawings.
- "Tolerating Tolerances" eviews mill, fabrication and field tolerances and presents recommendations on how to avoid problems with tolerance.
- "Specifying HSS" presents the basics such as designating HSS, production of HSS, materials and design wall thickness.
- "Connecting HSS" discusses and shows examples of simple shear connections, moment connections, end connections for HSS and direct connections."
This course is based on four articles from Modern Steel Construction.
You must purchase and pass a quiz to receive a PDH certificate for this course.
- Date: 6/1/2005 - 10/20/2016
- PDH Credits: 2
Philip G. Rahrig and John Krzywicki, Kurt Gustafson, SE, PE, Tabitha S. Stine, PE, Donald R. Sherman, PhD, PE