New Composite Design Provisions in the 2010 AISC Specification
Composite construction provisions have been greatly expanded in Chapter I of the 2010 AISC Specification. This webinar aims to help designers navigate these revisions. Specific composite design examples are demonstrated with a focus on providing practical advice for the implementation of sometimes complex Specification provisions. Significant changes discussed include the following:
- Overall reorganization of the chapter
- New local buckling provisions
- Enhanced load transfer provisions
- New steel anchor provisions
- Expanded treatment of composite beam columns
- Accompanying design examples greatly expanded in scope.
This course is based on a past AISC Live Webinar.
You must purchase and pass a quiz to receive a PDH certificate for this course.
- Date: 12/1/2011 - 10/20/2016
- PDH Credits: 1.5
William P. Jacobs V, PE, SE