Designing Structural Stainless Steel
This two-part webinar provides an introduction to the design of structural stainless steel and the AISC Design Guide 27: Structural Steel Design.
Part 1, presented by Catherine Houska, includes the following topics:
- Brief history, performance, sustainability and applications for stainless steel as a structural material with references to specific projects
- Families of stainless steel used for structural sections
- Mechanical and physical properties compared to other metals
- Guidance on material selection for a range of environments
- Applicable ASTM specifications and AWS codes
Part 2, presented by Nancy Baddoo, includes the following topics:
- Unique properties of stainless steel that impact both design and fabrication
- Design rules given in AISC Design Guide 27 including how the design rules were derived
- Design of tension members, members in compression, members in flexure and shear, members subject to combined forces, and bolted and welded connections
- Design rules for structural fire resistance with comparison to the existing rules in the AISC Specification for carbon steel.
This course is based on a past AISC Live Webinar.
You must purchase and pass a quiz to receive a PDH certificate for this course.
- Date: 3/1/2014 - 10/20/2016
- PDH Credits: 3
Catherine Houska and Nancy Baddoo