Seismic Design in Steel -- Concepts and Examples (Part 1): Introduction to Effective Seismic Design (R1)
This course is intended to provide engineers with guidance on applying the AISC seismic design requirements, correctly and efficiently, on typical projects in regions of moderate or high seismicity.
Part 1 includes:
- Discussion of earthquakes as a significant load case
- Review of structural dynamics as related to seismic response
- Review of response spectrum as a way to characterize seismic demand
- Review of the benefits of system ductility
- Review of steel ductility and how it can be used to create system ductility
- Review of steel lateral systems
This course is based on a past AISC Live Webinar series and Night School program.
You must purchase and pass a quiz to receive a PDH certificate for this course.
- Date: 2/5/2018
- PDH Credits: 1.5
Rafael Sabelli, SE