Seismic Design in Steel -- Concepts and Examples (Part 3): Braced Frames (R3)
This course is intended to provide engineers with guidance on applying the AISC seismic design requirements, correctly and efficiently, on typical projects in regions of moderate or high seismicity.
Part 3 includes:
- Presentation of braced frame configurations
- Discussion of behavior of braced frames in earthquakes and in testing
- Detailed treatment of brace behavior in tension and compression
- Overview of configuration-related issues
- Discussion of the behavior of beam-column-gusset connection assemblies at large drifts and related design approaches
- Treatment of design issues for gusset plates and connection analysis
This course is based on a past AISC Live Webinar series and Night School program.
You must purchase and pass a quiz to receive a PDH certificate for this course.
- Date: 3/5/2018
- PDH Credits: 1.5
Rafael Sabelli, SE