Seismic Design in Steel -- Concepts and Examples (Part 6): Building Analysis and Diaphragm Design (L2)
This course is intended to provide engineers with guidance on applying the AISC seismic design requirements, correctly and efficiently, on typical projects in regions of moderate or high seismicity.
Part 6 includes:
- Review of analysis types and applicability
- Presentation of structural model, including moment releases and effective stiffness
- Discussion of second-order effects in the analysis
- Presentation of drift calculation and check
- Determination of building-analysis forces, including via semi-rigid diaphragm modeling
- Discussion of capacity-design forces
- Design of members at diaphragm openings
This course is based on a past AISC Live Webinar series and Night School program.
You must purchase and pass a quiz to receive a PDH certificate for this course.
- Date: 9/17/2018
- PDH Credits: 1.5
Rafael Sabelli, SE