Seismic Design in Steel -- Concepts and Examples (Part 8): Design of the Braced Frames (L4)
This course is intended to provide engineers with guidance on applying the AISC seismic design requirements, correctly and efficiently, on typical projects in regions of moderate or high seismicity.
Part 8 includes:
- Review of configuration-related issues, including load combinations and special checks
- Presentation of brace design
- Presentation of capacity design-analysis methods
- Presentation of beam design
- Presentation of column design
- Presentation of connection design at column
- Presentation of chevron connection design
- Presentation of base-plate design
This course is based on a past AISC Live Webinar series and Night School program.
You must purchase and pass a quiz to receive a PDH certificate for this course.
- Date: 10/1/2018
- PDH Credits: 1.5
Rafael Sabelli, SE