In This Section
Structural steel framing systems are commonly used in religious buildings and provide a unique combination of large open spaces and inspiring architectural expression
Whether designing a small or large religious facility, structural steel brings many benefits to the table for both new construction and rehab/retrofit.
- Flexible, airy and uplifting spaces thanks to long, column-free areas
- Artistic spaces thanks to its ability to be curved
- Freedom of architectural expression through transparent façades, architecturally exposed elements and open, unobtrusive assemblies
- Earlier building occupancy thanks to quick erection, which reduces overall on-site construction, labor and associated time and costs.
Seismic Upgrade to the Tabernacle of the Church of Latter-day Saints, Salt Lake City, UT
New York Presbyterian Church New York, NY
By God's Grace : Curved steel provides the non-traditional framework for a tradition-laden dome
- Building Blocks of a Different Nature: It’s not just bricks, mortar and stucco anymore.
Still need help?
The Steel Solutions Center is for people who need technical assistance, innovative solutions, or tools to make structural steel design even easier.