In This Section
Steel is a durable, economical and aesthetically pleasing framing material for parking structures
Structural steel framed garages are an economical, high performance alternative to concrete garages. Why choose a concrete garage when steel can save you both time and money today and in the future? Here's what steel can do for you:
- Lower construction costs
- Reduced maintenance costs as opposed to escalating restoration costs
- Reduced foundation requirements resulting from a lighter structure
- Fewer, smaller columns, providing greater parking density and more parking spaces
- Bright, open interiors enhancing patron security and comfort
- Architecturally Flexible (can use any type of façade) and flexible layout options for irregular sites
- Convenience and ease of future vertical and horizontal expansion
- Simplicity of design and inspection
- Safe and economical to erect in winter months
- Superior long-term durability: corrosion protection with proper application of high performance coatings or hot dip galvanizing extends service life.
- In most cases, open-deck, stand alone steel framed parking garages require no fire protection
Still need help?
The Steel Solutions Center is for people who need technical assistance, innovative solutions, or tools to make structural steel design even easier.