In This Section
Structural steel framing meets the tight schedule demands of schools
Schools require long-term quality and durability in their buildings. Structural steel is fabricated off-site and erected quickly in the field to get school projects open on time for the academic year, and its low cost of construction is ideal for school districts with increasingly limited budgets.
Steel's proven track record has made it the authority in the education market for both the K-12 facilities as well as colleges and universities. Choosing structural steel for a school project can provide significant benefits, including:
- Flexible spaces thanks to column-free areas that can also maximize natural light
- Adaptiveness, as a steel framing system is easier to expand or remodel
- Enhanced framing quality through a long-lasting, durable high-quality material fabricated off-site to tight tolerances
- Noncombustible material that can be easily fire protected
- Budget savings in terms of both upfront and long-term operating costs
- The ability to create resilient structures that are ideal for schools designed to be potentially used as emergency shelters
Still need help?
The Steel Solutions Center is for people who need technical assistance, innovative solutions, or tools to make structural steel design even easier.