In This Section
*New* Reidar Bjorhovde Outstanding Young Professional Award
Now through February 5, 2023, you can apply to be our inaugural Reidar Bjorhovde Outstanding Young Professional Award winner.
Reidar Bjorhovde was a consummate professional, researcher, leader, and enormous contributor to the world's knowledge of steel structures. He had a life-long passion for mentoring bright young professionals, whether in graduate school or just starting out in an engineering career. We'll introduce the award recipient to steel industry leaders who will act as mentors and "connectors," much as Reidar did for so many.
The AISC Reidar Bjorhovde Outstanding Young Professional Award will give the recipient a broad look at the world of steel throughout 2023.
- The annual award will go to a graduate student who is within one year of graduating or within five years of having graduated.
- The winner will receive a travel grant and complimentary registration (as applicable) to attend the following events:
- 2023 NASCC: The Steel Conference in Charlotte, NC, April 12-14 (required).
- 2023 AISC Task Committee and Committee on Specification meetings, Chicago: mid-November (required).
- A mill tour, location TBD, date flexible (required).
- A fabricator tour, location TBD, date flexible (required).
Those applying for this award must be:
- a full-time graduate student who is within one year of graduating; or,
- a graduate (Bachelors or Masters) within 5 years of having graduated.
Applicants must have an undergraduate engineering degree and have completed or are currently enrolled in a structural-engineering-focused program at a U.S. university.
Apply by Sunday, February 5.