In This Section
Robert P. Stupp Award for Leadership Excellence
The Robert P. Stupp Award for Leadership Excellence is given in special recognition to individuals who have provided unparalleled leadership in the steel construction industry. This prestigious award honors those who, through their leadership, have had an outstanding impact on advancing the use of structural steel in the construction industry.
The selection panel will consider the individual's:
- outstanding impact on the advancement of the use of structural steel
- service to the steel construction industry
- recognition by other steel industry groups
- respect and recognition by his/her peers within the steel construction industry
- acknowledgment as having reached the pinnacle of success within the steel construction industry
- demonstrated innovation and originality in providing leadership to the steel construction industry
- Please note: Nominees must be living at the time they are nominated
Also, because of the prestigious nature of this award, it is expected that this award will not be presented annually; rather, it will only be awarded when the selection panel believes that an individual has demonstrated leadership head-and-shoulders above others within the steel construction industry.
How to Enter
The nomination period for the 2021 awards program is now closed. The 2022 nomination period will open in early Summer 2021.
Roger E. Ferch, PE, former president of AISC, Chicago, IL
Duane K. Miller, Sc.D, The Lincoln Electric Company, Cleveland, OH
Daniel R. DiMicco, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Nucor Corporation, Charlotte, N.C.
Robert E. Owen, Chairman & CEO, Paxton & Vierling Steel Company, Carter Lake, IA; Missouri Valley Steel Company, Sioux City, IA; Lincoln Structural Solutions, Lincoln, NE; Owen Industries
Terry Peshia, Chairman & CEO, Garbe Iron Works, Inc., Aurora, IL
H. Louis Gurthet, President, American Institute of Steel Construction, Inc., Chicago, IL
Robert D. Freeland, Chairman, Havens Steel Company, Kansas City, MO
F. Kenneth Iverson, Chairman, Nucor Corporation, Charlotte, NC
Robert P. Stupp, Stupp Bros. Bridge & Iron Co., St. Louis, MO