In This Section
Welcome Faculty and Students!
Thank you for visiting the AISC University Programs homepage. Our programs are intended to assist in the development of future professionals who are knowledgeable in structural steel behavior and design, and to foster career development of faculty members through support of teaching, research and service.
Within this area of the AISC website, you will find important information on our many benefits and opportunities available to students and steel educators. Learn more about our student competitions, AISC Student Manual Discount program, helpful teaching aids, free student and educator AISC memberships, scholarships and much more, all by following the links on either side of this note. Watch the recording of our webinar, "Resources for Steel Educators: Tips and Treasures" to learn about the growing array of faculty resources that AISC provides.
We invite you to bookmark this page and check back frequently as new updates will be posted in our Announcements section below.
We wish you great success!
- AISC University Programs
- Congratulations to the winners of the 2021 AISC Educator Awards!
- We regularly update and add to our library of AISC Teaching Aids. Take a look at the latest addition: The Steel Construction Site Tour -- An AISC Virtual Reality Experience.
- The application for AISC Scholarships for Juniors, Seniors, and Master's students is now open! We'll award $156,000 in financial aid to students for the 2021-2022 academic year. Eligible students must apply by May 2, 2021.
- The program for the 2021 ACSA/AISC Steel Design Student Competition has been announced. Entrants must register by April 7, 2021 to participate.
- Take a look at what's new for AISC’s 2021 Student Steel Bridge Competition. Check out the 2021 Rules, information about the new Supplemental Competition, Compete from Campus Guildines, and more at the link above.
- Many faculty may suddenly find themselves having to deliver their courses in a virtual format due to the COVID-19 pandemic and related campus closures. View just some of the digital resources available to faculty on our new Virtual Teaching Resources webpage.
- Did you know that AISC offers college-level students a way to formally organize and develop a student organization that is recognized by AISC and the AISC Education Foundation? We encourage students at U.S. colleges and universities to create an affiliated AISC Student Club to access a variety of benefits.