In This Section
Welcome Faculty and Students!
Thank you for visiting the AISC University Programs homepage. Our programs are intended to assist in the development of future professionals who are knowledgeable in structural steel behavior and design, and to foster career development of faculty members through support of teaching, research and service.
Within this area of the AISC website, you will find important information on our many benefits and opportunities available to students and steel educators. Learn more about our student competitions, AISC Student Manual Discount program, helpful teaching aids, free student and educator AISC memberships, scholarships and much more, all by following the links on either side of this note. Watch the recording of our webinar, "Resources for Steel Educators: Tips and Treasures" to learn about the growing array of faculty resources that AISC provides.
We invite you to bookmark this page and check back frequently as new updates will be posted in our Announcements section below.
We wish you great success!
- AISC University Programs
- The application for the AISC Scholarships for Juniors, Seniors, and Master's program for the 2022-2023 academic year is now open! The deadline to apply is May 2, 2022.
- We're pleased to announce the 22nd annual ACSA/AISC Steel Design Student Competition for the 2021-2022 academic year! Category I asks students to creatively and critically consider novel approaches towards a new monumentality and the conception and creation of democratic public spaces for the twenty-first century. Category II: OPEN allows students to select a site and building program.
- The 2022 Student Steel Bridge Competition Rules are here! Whether you're a participant, faculty advisor, competition sponsor, or volunteer, you'll find all the latest updates for the upcoming competition at the SSBC website.
- Welcome New Educators! We have an abundance of resources and programs to support you and your students, and we compiled the information into one location to help get you started.
- Did you miss our free, online Educator Workshop held in August of 2021? We've posted the recordings and related resources to help you enhance your steel courses. Check them out!
- Enhance your upcoming steel course with the help of AISC Teaching Aids! The newest additions include brand new teaching aids on Structural Fire Engineering: Introduction to Steel-Framed Buildings and 3D-Printed Connections, as well as an update to the 3D Module Viewer that covers buckling modes.
- Did you miss this year's virtual edition of the Students Connecting with Industry Sessions? The good news is this session along with all other sessions of the 2021 NASCC: The Virtual Steel Conference are available for free viewing in our Education Archives!
- Many faculty may suddenly find themselves having to deliver their courses in a virtual format due to the COVID-19 pandemic and related campus closures. View just some of the digital resources available to faculty on our new Virtual Teaching Resources webpage.
- Did you know that AISC offers college-level students a way to formally organize and develop a student organization that is recognized by AISC and the AISC Education Foundation? We encourage students at U.S. colleges and universities to create an affiliated AISC Student Club to access a variety of benefits.