In This Section
Student Manual Discount Program
AISC provides the latest editions of the AISC Steel Construction Manual, AISC Seismic Design Manual, and Detailing for Steel Construction to students at reduced prices. Professors administer this program by requesting a “Class Code” from AISC, which they forward on to their students. Students use the “Class Code” to obtain a unique “Discount Code” to purchase an AISC Manual at the deeply discounted student rates as noted below:
- Steel Construction Manual is priced at $125 (+ shipping and sales tax, where applicable)
- Seismic Design Manual is priced at $65 (+ shipping and sales tax, where applicable)
- Detailing for Steel Construction is priced at $50 (+ shipping and sales tax, where applicable)
Program Policy - REQUIRED READING
Professors, please read the program information linked above BEFORE requesting a class code. You will be asked to acknowledge that you have read AISC's policy regarding the Student Discount Program when you request a class code.
Request a Class Code - Professors, please click this link to request a class code.
Professors at universities outside of the United States but within North America or those in U.S. territories may participate in the Student Manual Discount Program. Learn more.
Complimentary desk copies can be made available to faculty who are teaching steel design courses. Please contact University Programs to learn about AISC's desk copy policy.
If you are a STUDENT wishing to pay for the manual, please contact your professor to obtain the class code & purchase instructions
This manual is available to students through professors for the price of $125 (+ shipping and sales tax, where applicable) when purchased through the Student Discount Program. (Retail price is $200/member or $400/non-member)
This manual is the fifteenth major update of the AISC Steel Construction Manual, which was first published in 1927. The 15th Edition AISC Steel Construction Manual is based on the 2016 Specification for Structural Steel Buildings and replaces the 14th Edition of this publication.
The following specifications, codes and standards are printed in Part 16 of this Manual:
- 2016 AISC Specification for Structural Steel Buildings
- 2014 RCSC Specification for Structural Joints Using High-Strength Bolts
- 2016 AISC Code of Standard Practice for Steel Buildings and Bridges
The following resources also are available:
This manual is available to students through professors for the price of $65 (+ shipping and sales tax, where applicable) when purchased through the Student Discount Program. (Retail price is $100/member or $200/non-member)
In a change from the previous edition, the 3rd Edition Seismic Design Manual is produced with a high-quality vinyl softcover that coordinates with the 15th Edition Steel Construction Manual.
The 3rd Edition AISC Seismic Design Manual includes:
- Comprehensive design examples, updated for the 2016 AISC Seismic Provisions.
- Side-by-side LRFD and ASD design methodologies for design examples
- Thorough examples on connection design, including panel zone detailing and brace-to-beam/column connection design options
- Extended discussion and more economical design methodology for collector elements
- Examples for buckling-restrained braced frames
- Chapter listing:
- General Design Considerations
- Systems Not Specifically Detailed for Seismic Resistance
- Moment Frames
- Braced Frames
- Composite Moment Frames
- Composite Braced Frames and Shear Walls
- Diaphragms, Collectors and Chords
- Provisions and Standards
Also, included are two AISC seismic-related standards: the 2016 AISC Seismic Provisions for Structural Steel Buildings (ANSI/AISC 341-16) and the 2016 AISC Prequalified Connections for Special and Intermediate Steel Moment Frames for Seismic Applications (ANSI/AISC 358-16).
This manual is available to students through professors for the price of $50 (+ shipping and sales tax, where applicable) when purchased through the Student Discount Program. (Retail price is $75/member or $150/non-member)
- general fabrication requirements
- contract documents
- common connection details
- basic detailing conventions
- project set-up and control
- erection drawings
- shop drawings
- bills of materials
detailing quality control and assurance